Are you looking for a Westfield heating company? On the East Coast, winter weather is erratic and unpredictable. It’s often 50º and sunny one day and then rapidly changes to being 25º and snowy the next day. We’ve had a decent amount of below freezing nights so far this year. There’s only one thing worse than having your heat break down during a freezing cold night: getting ripped off by your heating company! Below are some way to make sure your heating company is not trying to scam you.
Is Your Westfield Heating Company Ripping You Off?
It’s imperative that you are able to recognize red flags that the company you are calling is a scam artist. Take heed to these 6 warning signs right away:
- They do not provide a written estimate: Before you agree to have any work done to your heating system, be sure to have an estimate in writing. You don’t need any surprises when it comes time to pay the bill. If you come across a heating company doesn’t want to provide you with something in writing, then you should absolutely look elsewhere.
- Not replacing parts: One of the main ways heating companies scam people is by saying that they have replaced parts when they have not. Before you pay the company, always ask to see the old and new parts. It is always better to be safe than sorry and a reputable company will gladly show you the parts.
- Using old parts instead of new parts: Another way that scam artists take advantage of unsuspecting customers is to replace old parts with used parts. Although this may fix the problem initially, it will only make the system experience more breakdowns and problems in the long run. Make sure you check to see if the parts are new. If they are used, make sure you understand the risks.
- Be Wary of Paying Upfront: No reliable heating company ask for payment before the job is done. This is a huge red flag that screams scam. They should provide you with an estimate in writing up front, but keep the transaction until the services have been completed. If you are not careful, the company might take your money and disappear.
- Unreasonably high Prices: If you are quoted an unreasonably high price, always seek out other companies to get other quotes. Multiple quotes will give you a better sense of how much the job should cost and whether or not the company in question is over charging.
Looking for a Reliable Westfield Heating Company
If you are in need of a reliable Westfield heating company, contact Good Tidings today! Good Tidings is a family owned heating and cooling contractor that specializes in Westfield heating services. Good tidings is quickly becoming the most trusted name in Westfield heating! For more information: